- A word shared by two languages or dialects.
- one of a group of similar DNA sequences that share a common ancestry.
- Something homologous; a homologous organ or part, chemical compound or a chromosome.
Homology may refer to:
- Homology (anthropology), analogy between human beliefs, practices or artifacts due to genetic or historical connections.
- Homology (biology): similar structures due to shared ancestry.
- Homology (chemistry): a compound of a series differing only by repeated units
- Homology (mathematics), a procedure to associate a sequence of abelian groups or modules with a given mathematical object.
- Homology (sociology), a structural 'resonance' between the different elements making up a socio-cultural whole.
- Homology modeling, a method of protein structure prediction
Homologous may refer to:
homolog in German: Homologie
homolog in Modern Greek (1453-): Ομολογία
homolog in French: Homologie
homolog in Hebrew: הומולוגיה
homolog in Dutch: Homologie
homolog in Japanese: 相同性
homolog in Norwegian: Homologi
homolog in Portuguese: Homologia
homolog in Russian: Гомология (значения)
homolog in Serbian: Хомологија (вишезначна одредница)